January 26, 2021

Garcia-Davis lightweight fight in Brunei cancelled

Garcia-Davis lightweight fight in Brunei cancelled

Garcia-Davis lightweight fight in Brunei cancelled

By LITO DELOS REYES

Promoter Rey Rodis cancelled a championship fight last year of undefeated Ryan “King Ry” Garcia of USA and Gervonta “Tank” Davis of USA set July 14 because of the pandemic caused by COVID-19.

“OK na ang negotiation. Plantsado na pirma na lang contract,”

(Negotiation is OK. Just signed a contract), said Rodis.

The boxing event was made so that the head of states including Pres. Rody Duterte will come for the birthday celebration of King Bolkiah of Brunei.

“Ready na bang venue pay-per-view. Gi arrange na nako ang GAB mag supervise sa event,”(Ready pay-per-view venue. I have already arranged for GAB to supervise the event), said Rodis.

Rodis said that he will be using all the Games and Amusements Board (GAB) Mindanao ring officials for the GBO Championship and WBC Championship because there is no boxing commission in Brunei.

“I’m trying to push it this year wala pay claro kay naa mas deadly strain nigawas na COVID-19,” (I’m trying to push it this year but it’s not clear yet because there is a more deadly strain coming out of COVID-19), said Rodis.