Submission Radio returns with a super-fantastic show, featuring interviews with TJ Dillashaw, Mark Hunt and Bas Rutten. Also, Damon Martin returns to his second home at the SR roundtable and helps break down the aftermath from UFC 211, the rumors regarding GSP vs. Bisping being off and more. Kacper and Denis weigh in on the Summer kickoff press conference and the influx of trash talk from all on-stage parties, if it’s a good thing, Daniel Cormier’s WWE-style trash talk, and if Chris Weidman should really be fighting Kelvin Gastelum.
As always, the video above features clickable annotations and timestamps, and below is a rundown of what to expect on the episode. We hope you enjoy the show!
Former UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw returns (at the 55:56 mark) to discuss:
- The recent news of Cody Garbrandt’s back injury
- How he found out that he wasn’t attending the Summer Kickoff press conference
- If he thinks the fight will still happen at UFC 213
- Why he wants to fight Demetrious Johnson for the flyweight belt
- Demetrious’ response and saying that there are more worthy contenders than him
- Why DJ’s previous fights haven’t sold well
- How he matches up against Mighty Mouse and his plans to hold both belts simultaneously
- His experience on The Ultimate Fighter 25
- What it’s like being in those physical confrontations with Cody
- The notion that Garbrandt and Team Alpha Male have come off as bullies, and more!
Mark Hunt returns to Submission Radio (at the 31:06 mark) to talk about:
- His upcoming fight against Derrick Lewis at UFC New Zealand
- What he thinks of the Black Beast’s skills
- What went into accepting the fight and if he felt forced into it like when he took the Overeem fight
- Stipe Miocic’s victory over Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211 and if he’d like a rematch against the Croatian
- If he thinks the UFC would even give him a title shot given their rocky relationship
- An update on his lawsuit against the UFC
- His frustrations with having to fight for equality
- Brock Lesnar quietly retiring and avoiding a full suspension
- Why he wants the court case to go to discovery
- If he’d prefer to leave the UFC
- The crazy naked Chinese action figure of him, and more!
UFC Hall of Famer “El Guapo“ Bas Rutten returns (at the 3:36 mark) to discuss a wide range of topics, including:
- UFC 211 and if Stipe Miocic can be considered the greatest heavyweight of all time after knocking out Junior Dos Santos
- If Joanna Jedrzejczyk has surpassed Ronda Rousey as the most dominant female in UFC history
- His thoughts on the GSP/Bisping fight potentially falling apart and Yoel Romero getting the title shot
- Who GSP should face now
- Justin Gaethje jumping over to the UFC and fighting Michael Johnson
- The future of WSOF as it re-brands as the Professional Fighters League
- His new show The Bas Rutten Experiment
- How he broke his ribs snowboarding, and more!
Damon Martin (FOX Sports) joins the roundtable discussion (at the 1:17:57 mark) to break down the aftermath from UFC 211 and such fights as:
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos and who should be next in line for a title shot
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade
- A look into Joanna’s life at American Top Team
- Frankie Edgar steamrolling through Yair Rodriguez and what that does to the featherweight division
- The controversy from Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier
- If GSP/Bisping is really cancelled
- The Mummy movie, John Wick 2 and more!
Lastly, Kacper and Denis discuss the Summer kickoff press conference and everybody making a substantial effort to talk trash, the Kevin Lee/Michael Chiesa altercation, Daniel Cormier’s trash talk and why fans don’t seem to get behind him, Chris Weidman vs. Kelvin Gastelum being booked and if it’s a good idea, and more!