PURSE BID – WBO LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde
As per Section 11 through 14 of the enclosed copy of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests (www.wboboxing.com), please be advised that a Purse Bid will be held at 11:00 a.m. EST on Monday, April 8th, 2019 at the World Boxing Organization headquarters:
1056 Muñoz Rivera Avenue
San Juan, PR 00927
Pursuant to our WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests on Purse Bid procedures, kindly note:
The Minimum acceptable bid for the WBO Light Heavyweight Division is $300,000.00 (Three-Hundred Thousand Dollars).
WBO President Francisco Valcárcel, Esq. will preside purse bid proceedings.
Kindly note the following provisions:
- If the Champion is injured and depending on the type of injury and the needed recovery time, the WBO Championship Committee, in accordance to the WBO Regulations, will decide if the title is vacated or an interim championship is ordered.
- If the Challenger is injured or refuses to fight, he loses his position in the rankings and the WBO World Championship Committee can determine the next available contender, or it can order an Elimination bout with the two best available contenders, and the Champion can be permitted a Voluntary bout.
- Signed contracts shall be filed to the WBO Offices within five (5) days upon the adjudication of the Purse Bid.
Section 13 (a) subsections (1) (A) and (B) of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests provides:
- The Purse for Championship Contests held and completed pursuant to Purse Bids shall be distributed as follows:
(1) CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH AN EXISTING CHAMPION
(a) In fights for the Title between the Champion and the Mandatory Challenger held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the Champion, the Champion shall receive 75% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 25%.
(b) In fight for the Title held in any other country, the Champion shall receive 80% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 20%.
Please be advised that the parties must comply fully with the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests regarding Purse Bid procedures.
Luis Batista Salas, Esq.
Chairman WBO Championship Committee